Trick or Treat 2017 Vineland NJ
Halloween is coming up fast, and we have the details for Halloween celebrations around Vineland!! As one of the most exciting events of the year for most kids thanks to the free candy and the ability to dress up as their favorite characters, it is important for parents to be prepared to help their kids create happy and fun memories. Check out the trick or treat times here in Vineland this year as well as some local events to celebrate the holiday!
Trick or Treat Hours 2017 for Vineland NJ
Families can get out in their neighborhoods for trick-or-treating in Vineland on Saturday October 28th from 3 to 6 p.m.
Safety tips from the Vineland Police Department include:
- Make sure costumes don’t obscure your child’s vision. Consider face paint instead of masks.
- Look for labels that indicate that your child’s costume, wig, and accessories are flame resistant.
- Consider placing strips of reflective tape on the front and back of costumes so that drivers can better see your child, especially if costumes are dark-colored.
- Avoid items like oversized shoes, high heels, long dresses or capes to prevent trips and falls.
- Stay on sidewalks wherever possible and walk instead of run.
- Use extreme caution when crossing streets, and never cross from between parked cars.
- Travel in groups which include at least one adult.
- Inspect children’s candy before allowing them to eat it.
The Vineland Police Department and Vineland Public Schools are also hosting the third annual Family Fun Night on Friday Oct. 27 from 6 to 9:30 p.m at Gittone Stadium, located at 61 W. Lanids Ave. This event will include hayrides, trunk-or-treating, refreshments, movies and more.
We hope that you have a safe and fun Halloween!