iPhone X and Honda Accord Pairing Instructions
We’ve talked about the Honda Accord and its wide range of technology on this blog before. Every year, and especially the redesign years, Honda proves its ability to create a midsize sedan that pulls the entire class toward more technology and convenience for its drivers.
Just like the new iPhone X, the Honda Accord is a benchmark in technology. The newest 2018 Honda Accord includes a large infotainment screen with Honda’s built-in infotainment system and Apple CarPlay/Android Auto compatibility.
Your brand new iPhone X is able to connect to your 2018 Honda Accord in two important ways – through Apple CarPlay and through Bluetooth. Let’s look at what each one does and how to get them set up.
[READ MORE: 2018 Honda Odyssey Tech Features]
How to Connect iPhone X to Honda Accord Using Apple CarPlay
Apple CarPlay allows you to use optimized versions of your favorite apps for use in your car. Available applications include built-in iPhone X apps like Maps, Podcasts and Phone, as well as the ability to send and receive text messages with your voice through the Messages app.
Other popular apps like Audible, Overcast and Pandora are also available, allowing you to experience a seamless transition between your phone and your Accord.
Setting up Apple CarPlay with your iPhone X is really simple. Here’s what to do:
- Plug the USB end of your Apple iPhone X Lightning charging cable into the USB receiver in the center console of your 2018 Honda Accord.
- Plug the Lightning end of the cable into your iPhone X and start the car.
- On the Display Audio screen, you should see a message pop up asking you if you’d like to Enable Apple CarPlay for this device? Tap the box that says “Remember My Choice” and click the Enable button.
- Once connected, click the Apple CarPlay icon on your Honda Display Audio screen.
- You’re now in Apple CarPlay and can use your applications through the touchscreen, dial controls or, with minimum distraction, SIRI voice commands.
iPhone X Honda HandsFreeLink Pairing Instructions
Apple CarPlay compatibility is available on Sport, EX, EX-L and Touring trim levels. If you have an LX-trimmed model, you will need to connect your iPhone X to your 2018 Honda Accord through the HandsFreeLink system instead.
HandsFreeLink allows you to make and receive calls over Bluetooth and can even activate SIRI through your Accord without requiring you to take your attention away from the road.
Connecting your iPhone X to Honda HandsFreeLink involves a simple process that, once done, doesn’t need to be done more than once.
- On your iPhone X, turn Bluetooth on.
- Go into Settings, click on Bluetooth and then slide the switch to the right (it will be green when activated).
- You will see a message that says “Now discoverable as [iPhone name]”
- In your 2018 Honda Accord, press the phone button.
- Your Display Audio will alert you that you don’t have any phones connected, and then ask you if you’d like to search for them.
- Press Yes and then continue.
- Once your 2018 Honda Accord has located your iPhone X, you will see the iPhone’s name on your screen.
- Select your iPhone X and click Pair.
- You may have to enter a six-digit code, or be asked to confirm that they are the same on both devices. If correct, you will be able to complete the pairing process.
- Once pairing has completed, you will be asked whether or not to turn on Automatic Phone Sync? This feature copies over all of your contacts to your 2018 Honda Accord, making calling them easier and faster.
- Turn on, and your iPhone X will automatically sync contacts to your 2018 Honda Accord. You will also likely need to give the Accord permission to do this on your iPhone X.
Once set up, you’ll be able to make calls and dictate commands to SIRI through the phone button on your 2018 Honda Accord!
If you have questions about setting up the technology on your 2018 Honda Accord, or are interested in swinging by our showroom to test-drive a new 2018 Honda Accord with Apple CarPlay or Honda HandsFreeLink, contact us today!