2018 Honda Accord Technology and Safety Features
The 2018 Honda Accord represents a fresh take on Honda’s flagship sedan. Past iterations of the Honda Accord have not only espoused the direction of Honda, as a manufacturer, but have included features that would become standard years later.
A coupe-like fastback profile offers a compelling design, but the beauty of the redesigned 2018 Honda Accord is more than just skin deep. Featuring either a turbocharged 1.5L 4-cylinder, or turbocharged 2.0L 4-cylinder engine, the new Accord manages to provide elation and joy without drinking gas by the barrel. Transmission options let drivers choose between a highly-efficient CVT, 6-speed manual, or 10-speed automatic.
While the 2018 Honda Accord is great for power and performance, the real question many drivers will have is “What kind of technology does it feature?” Technology is, after all, one of the big selling points for a manufacturer’s flagship sedan, and Honda has consistently provided top-of-the-line technology in their Accord models.
2018 Honda Accord Infotainment Technology
Ever a fan of innovating, the 2018 Honda Accord brings a completely overhauled infotainment experience into the midsize sedan. The dual-screen infotainment of the 2017 model is ushered out and replaced by a single, 7″ or 8″ color LCD screen, that offers tactile control over media and music through hardware buttons and two symmetrically-set buttons.
Both Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ are integrated on the Sport model up, allowing you to enjoy a seamless transition between phone apps and your car, without being distracted.
For drivers, information is provided through a 7″ information screen and available Head-Up Display. Other tech features that will make the Accord feel like home-on-wheels include available wireless charging, heated and ventilated front seats, interior ambient light and more.
If you’re an audiophile, you’ll love the available 450-watt premium audio system in the EX-L and Touring models that engulfs your cabin in crisp and expertly-balanced sound.
2018 Honda Accord Safety Technology
These days, technology means more than a color navigation screen and Bluetooth. It means your car being able to “think” to a small degree – enough to keep you safe in unpredictable driving situations. Luckily, the 2018 Honda Accord is among the smartest cars available.
Honda has made Honda Sensing® standard across all 2018 Honda Accord models. Honda Sensing® is a suite of advanced active safety features that includes the following:
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW) – Lane drift can be extremely dangerous. Your 2018 Honda Accord is able to detect unindicated lane-line crossing, and alert you, allowing you to make corrective steering adjustments.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) – Additionally, your 2018 Honda Accord is able to make small steering adjustments to bring you back to the center of the traffic lane, should you begin to drift without signaling.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM) – Like lane drift, drifting toward the boundary of the road can also be very dangerous. Your 2018 Honda Accord is able to alert you when you begin going off the road, and even provide small steering adjustments to keep you safely in your lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) – In highway traffic, a sudden backup or vehicle slowing down to exit can present a hazard. Adaptive Cruise Control changes your 2018 Honda Accord’s cruising speed to hold a safe following distance with vehicles in front of you. No input from you is needed! Just sit back and focus on the road.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) – If a vehicle in front of you is determined to result in a likely collision, CMBS™ will apply the brakes for you to reduce your speed, or avoid the collision all together.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW) – As part of the Collision Mitigation Braking System™, Forward Collision Warning provides audio and visual alerts to warn you to a possible collision in front of your 2018 Honda Accord, and then engages CMBS™ to provide braking if brake input is not received from you.
The 2018 Honda Accord is full of technology that adds convenience and safety to any drive. If you have questions about the technology or safety features on the 2018 Honda Accord, we’d love to help, reach out to us today!